One of the best tricks we have up our sleeve to entice our cats to eat something new, is to add a delicious topper.
But what do we use?
Well, basically, anything they like.
- You can wizz up the dry food they’re addicted to and sprinkle that, though I prefer to ditch the dry altogether and use a healthier option
- I’ve used parmesan before with my cheese addicted cats
- Nutritional yeast is good too
- The water from a can of tuna or sardines will work if your cat likes a fishy smell
- Using some of their canned food over the top of raw can also work
You get the idea. Sprinkle something delicious over the food, they will eat that, and usually continue on to finish what’s on the plate
Raw Meow freeze dried Krumbles work a treat too .. forgive the pun
Freeze dried chicken breast is purrfect to be used as a topper. It crumbles well by hand, or, a couple seconds in a food processor, you can make a jar of toppers out of this or any of our treat options, or you can purchase the Krumble ready to sprinkle. Raw Meow treats have all the moisture removed from them in the freeze drying process, enhancing the aroma of the raw meats, making them irresistible for most cats
Freeze dried complete meals are also great to use as a topper. Just pour it straight out of the bag. These are a balanced topper.
*Please note freeze dried meals should be fed rehydrated if feeding them as a full meal. Feeding freeze dried meals dry may result in constipation*
Our CEO Oliver loves his sprinkles. So does old girl Priscilla.
Our Chicken breast treats have helped transition many cats to raw. A healthy raw option. A great tool to have in your kit. For transitioning, for those super fussy cats, or as a healthy option for cats who won’t eat anything else when unwell, keep some in your cupboard. Try some Raw Meow Toppers today